Version 3.8 of WordPress, named “Parker” in honor of Charlie Parker, bebop innovator, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. We hope you’ll think this is the most beautiful update yet.
WordPress has gotten a facelift. 3.8 brings a fresh new look to the entire admin dashboard. Gone are overbearing gradients and dozens of shades of grey — bring on a bigger, bolder, more colorful design!
The new WordPress dashboard has a fresh, uncluttered design that embraces clarity and simplicity.
The Open Sans typeface provides simple, friendly text that is optimized for both desktop and mobile viewing. It’s even open source, just like WordPress.
We think beautiful design should never sacrifice legibility. With superior contrast and large, comfortable type, the new design is easy to read and a pleasure to navigate.
Turn your blog into a magazine
Create a beautiful magazine-style site with WordPress and Twenty Fourteen. Choose a grid or a slider to display featured content on your homepage. Customize your site with three widget areas or change your layout with two page templates.
With a striking design that does not compromise our trademark simplicity, Twenty Fourteen is our most intrepid default theme yet.
Beginning of a new era
This release was led by Matt Mullenweg. This is our second release using the new plugin-first development process, with a much shorter timeframe than in the past. We think it’s been going great. You can check out the features currently in production on the make/core blog.
- Content Marketing Strategy is the New SEO, an Infographic
- Life of an SEO Before, After and Beyond Penguin 2.1 an Infographic
- Speed Up Your WordPress Hosting Blog to get a higher Google rank
- WordPress CMS in Numbers 2013 an infographic
- Are You Socially responsible Online?
- Google’s 200 Ranking Factors, the complete list an infographic
- Responsive Design vs Server-side Mobile Solutions an Infographic