WordPress weblog/cms version 3.8 Parker release
Version 3.8 of WordPress, named “Parker” in honor of Charlie Parker, bebop innovator, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. We hope you’ll think this is the most beautiful update yet.
WordPress has gotten a facelift. 3.8 brings a fresh new look to the entire admin dashboard. Gone are overbearing gradients and dozens of shades of grey — bring on a bigger, bolder, more colorful design!
The new WordPress dashboard has a fresh, uncluttered design that embraces clarity and simplicity.
The Open Sans typeface provides simple, friendly text that is optimized for both desktop and mobile viewing. It’s even open source, just like WordPress.
We think beautiful design should never sacrifice legibility. With superior contrast and large, comfortable type, the new design is easy to read and a pleasure to navigate.
Turn your blog into a magazine
Create a beautiful magazine-style site with WordPress and Twenty Fourteen. Choose a grid or a slider to display featured content on your homepage. Customize your site with three widget areas or change your layout with two page templates.
With a striking design that does not compromise our trademark simplicity, Twenty Fourteen is our most intrepid default theme yet.
Beginning of a new era
This release was led by Matt Mullenweg. This is our second release using the new plugin-first development process, with a much shorter timeframe than in the past. We think it’s been going great. You can check out the features currently in production on the make/core blog.
- Best WordPress Plugins for SEO, Social And CRO in 2015
- Social Media Cheat Sheet on Word Science – infographic
- On ZEEF, users can find quality information through people instead of machines.
- Is TSU becoming the new Twitter?
- 3tags as a content creator, you’ll earn fair value for your creativity
- Social Marketing Talk, want to keep up with the latest trends in social media?
- Get Maximum WordPress Speed an infographic