The core software is built by hundreds of community volunteers, and when you’re ready for more there are thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine.
Over 60 million people have chosen WordPress to power the place on the web they call “home” — we’d love you to join the family.
By March 2012, with about 72.4 million users for the content management system, the WordPress (WP) grew as the largest of its type on the planet.It provided hosting to more than 50% of the CMS users and more than 45% of the top 100 sites as rated by Technorati use WP services.
The CMS grew by a great rate after the release of the version 3.3 and people seem reluctant to switch to 3.4. On average, the WP receives around 500,000 posts. Out of every 100 new domains created, 22 in the US belong to WordPress. WP boasts of 3 million searches worldwide per month and Indonesians are the best promoters and users of the WP services and it ranks 8th in that country.
In a month, on average, around 352 m people view more than 2.5 m pages in an average month. A survey of 18,000 users by Word press foundation found that the median rate of a Word press project to be $50 p/h. Of the 19,000+ plug-ins, SEO tops the list of downloaded with 20% followed by stats and images which account for 11 and 9 percent respectively.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- The Growth and Obsession of Social Media Management an infographic
- WordPress: a Decade in the Making, an infographic
- The History and Evolution of Social Media an Infographic
- Privacy and Security on Facebook an infographic
- Top 10 Brands on Social Media in 2013 an Infographic
- Society3’s new S3-Buzz Sofware turns conventional marketing over to the customer #S3buzz
- Speed Up Your WordPress Hosting Blog to get a higher Google rank