WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 14.7% of Alexa Internet’s “top 1 million” websites and as of August 2011 manages 22% of all new websites. WordPress is currently the most popular CMS in use on the Internet.
There are many reasons webmasters should adopt WordPress as their content management system. Having access to thousands of plugins available for this platform is a pretty good reason. Plugins can enhance your site’s functionality and enhance your visitors experience on it.
We have already listed plenty of search engine optimization, social media, security, cache, and other types of plugins on WP JEDI. Going through all these lists can take a bit of time though. That’s why we have put together the below infographic to help webmasters download the most essential plugins for their sites as fast as possible.
- WordPress 4.0 called Benny is released
- 25 Best WordPress Plugins of 2014 two infographics
- Google’s 200 Search Ranking Factors in an Infographic
- Privacy Badger blocks spying ads and invisible trackers
- 6 impressive wordpress facts
- Which Social Media Platforms are the best for your Business?
- WordPress Hosting with SEO and Social Media Strategy