It also contains a fix to prevent a user with the Contributor role from improperly publishing posts. Reported by edik.
This release also fixes nine bugs and contains three other security hardening changes:
- Pass along additional information when processing pingbacks to help hosts identify potentially abusive requests.
- Fix a low-impact SQL injection by trusted users. Reported by Tom Adams of dxw.
- Prevent possible cross-domain scripting through Plupload, the third-party library WordPress uses for uploading files. Reported by Szymon Gruszecki.
Download WordPress 3.8.2 or venture over to Dashboard → Updates and simply click “Update Now.”
Sites that support automatic background updates will be updated to WordPress 3.8.2 within 12 hours. If you are still on WordPress 3.7.1, you will be updated to 3.7.2, which contains the same security fixes as 3.8.2. We don’t support older versions, so please update to 3.8.2 for the latest and greatest.
- XeeMe is now Appearoo
- Combine Content Marketing with SEO
- Attracting more people to what matters to you most
- Google’s 200 Search Ranking Factors in an Infographic
- WordPress 4.0 called Benny is released
- Rock Social Media Strategy in 30 Minutes, an Infographic
- 6 impressive wordpress facts