WordPress 3.6 Beta 1 is now available!
This is software still in development and we really don’t recommend that you run it on a production site — set up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 3.6, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
We’ve been working for nearly three months and have completed all the features that are slated for this release. This is a bit of a change from the betas of previous release cycles.
I felt very strongly that we shouldn’t release a beta if we were still working on completing the main features. This beta is actually a beta, not an alpha that we’re calling a beta.
If you are a WordPress plugin or theme developer, or a WordPress hosting provider, you should absolutely start testing your code against this new version now. More bugs will be fixed, and some of the features will get polished, but we’re not going to shove in some big new feature.
We’re ready for you to test it, so jump in there! The more you test the beta, the more stable our release candidates and our final release will be.
As always, if you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. Or, if you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac. There, you can also find a list of known bugs and everything we’ve fixed so far.
Here’s what’s new in 3.6:
- Post Formats: Post Formats now have their own UI, and theme authors have access to templating functions to access the structured data.
- Twenty Thirteen: We’re shipping this year’s default theme in our first release of the year. Twenty Thirteen is an opinionated, color-rich, blog-centric theme that makes full use of the new Post Formats support.
- Audio/Video: You can embed audio and video files into your posts without relying on a plugin or a third party media hosting service.
- Autosave: Posts are now autosaved locally. If your browser crashes, your computer dies, or the server goes offline as you’re saving, you won’t lose the your post.
- Post Locking: See when someone is currently editing a post, and kick them out of it if they fall asleep at the keyboard.
- Nav Menus: Nav menus have been simplified with an accordion-based UI, and a separate tab for bulk-assigning menus to locations.
- Revisions: The all-new revisions UI features avatars, a slider that “scrubs” through history, and two-slider range comparisons.
SEO Social Media Tip of today: inboud links (please unlock)
[sociallocker]Get as many inbound links as you can
Links are important, especially from sites other than your own. These are called inbound links. And if you get a lot of inbound links, that will help your page ranking. Remember that 1-2 links from high-reputation sites are better than 10 links from link farms.
Put your keyword phrase in the first paragraph
Repetition of your keyword phrase is important in your content. But it’s especially important in the first one or two paragraphs of text. And if you can repeat it once in the first paragraph that will help up it’s priority.
Put your keyword phrase at the top of the HTML
More than just the first paragraph, you should try to move your content towards the top of the HTML document. And that includes your keyword phrase.[/sociallocker]
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- WordPress 3.4 RC 2
- WordPress CMS Weblog 3.5 RC 1 Released
- WordPress 3.0 RC
- WordPress 3.3 Beta 4
- WordPress 3.4 Beta 2
- WordPress 3.1 RC3
- WordPress 3.0 Beta2
- WordPress 3.1 beta
- WordPress 3.2 available
- How to create awesome infographics – infographic
- WordPress 3
- SEO Booster PRO