Why Is Pinterest So Addictive? an Infographic
Pinterest is a pinboard-style photo-sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, and hobbies.
Users can browse other pinboards for images, ‘re-pin’ images to their own pinboards, or ‘like’ photos.
The site was founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp, the site is managed by Cold Brew Labs and funded by a small group of entrepreneurs and investors.
Column Five created this infographic to examine the Pinterest addiction that seems to be spreading like a zombie apocalypse virus. Proof? Pinterest users spend an average 98 minutes on site per month, third only to Tumblr (2.5 hours) and Facebook (7 hours). Antidote? None.
Beyond the data, the company examines why Internet culture is so fascinated with pinning. It posits that digital hoarding has a lot to do with it. On Pinterest, we have free license to create an entire board dedicated to “teal-colored guitars.”
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Get Your First 1000 Followers on Pinterest
- When to Use JPEG GIF PNG
- 25 Awesome Social Media Tools You Should Be Using
- Is your website in need of an upgrade for the new year?
- The Power and History of Hashtags an Infographic
- Instagram Visual Content Strategy Statistics an Infographic
- On ZEEF, users can find quality information through people instead of machines.