Pinterest is a pinboard-style photo-sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, and hobbies.
Users can browse other pinboards for images, ‘re-pin’ images to their own pinboards, or ‘like’ photos.
The site was founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp, the site is managed by Cold Brew Labs and funded by a small group of entrepreneurs and investors.
Column Five created this infographic to examine the Pinterest addiction that seems to be spreading like a zombie apocalypse virus. Proof? Pinterest users spend an average 98 minutes on site per month, third only to Tumblr (2.5 hours) and Facebook (7 hours). Antidote? None.
Beyond the data, the company examines why Internet culture is so fascinated with pinning. It posits that digital hoarding has a lot to do with it. On Pinterest, we have free license to create an entire board dedicated to “teal-colored guitars.”
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Double Your Pinterest Followers and get more Repins, two Infographics
- The Growth and Obsession of Social Media Management an infographic
- Privacy and Security on Facebook an infographic
- The History and Evolution of Social Media an Infographic
- Best Times to Post on Social Media, an infographic
- Responsive Design vs Server-side Mobile Solutions an Infographic
- Google’s 200 Ranking Factors, the complete list an infographic