Social networks and the analysis of them is an inherently interdisciplinary academic field which emerged from social psychology, sociology, statistics, and graph theory. Georg Simmel authored early structural theories in sociology emphasizing the dynamics of triads and “web of group affiliations.”
Jacob Moreno is credited with developing the first sociograms in the 1930s to study interpersonal relationships. These approaches were mathematically formalized in the 1950s and theories and methods of social networks became pervasive in the social and behavioral sciences by the 1980s.
Social network analysis is now one of the major paradigms in contemporary sociology, and is also employed in a number of other social and formal sciences. Together with other complex networks, it forms part of the nascent field of network science.
This study was turned into an InfogGraphic that starts with a bar chart where you can see the social networks and the number of users of each one of them. They then divide the different networks into clubs: 100 Million Users, Rising Stars, the Stable, the Child Prodigies and finally theCooling Off. Take a look!!
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- The Growth and Obsession of Social Media Management an infographic
- Privacy and Security on Facebook an infographic
- 50 Things we don’t do anymore Due to Technology an Infographic
- Why use WordPress responsive Themes, an infographic
- The Social Media Stats of 2013 an infographic
- Content Marketing Strategy is the New SEO, an Infographic
- The History and Evolution of Social Media an Infographic