The Psychology Of Facebook, is addiction affecting our minds? #infographic
How exactly is Facebook and Internet addiction affecting our minds? Or is it something you’ve even thought about? Chances are it hasn’t even crossed your mind that constantly checking for new notifications or spending hours a day on the Internet is actually an addiction in the making.
Every time you receive a notification on Facebook it could mean a new professional, social, or even sexual opportunity. Once you answer the little red box signaling a notification, it results in a hit of dopamine. The same dopamine that recharges our addictive compulsion and is similar to people who have addictions to abusive substances such as heroin, meth, or crack. However, as you probably know, these notifications are hard to resist.
Facebook is a social networking service launched in February 2004, owned and operated by Facebook, Inc. As of September 2012, Facebook has over one billion active users, more than half of them using Facebook on a mobile device.
Users must register before using the site, after which they may create a personal profile, add other users as friends, and exchange messages, including automatic notifications when they update their profile. Additionally, users may join common-interest user groups, organized by workplace, school or college, or other characteristics, and categorize their friends into lists such as “People From Work” or “Close Friends”.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Facebook for Android is Like The IPhone App
- The best Times to Post on Facebook #infographic #SME
- Mobile Money with Facebook Mobile Advertising #infographic
- Facebook to Wall Street in 2012
- Facebook Social Games
- Google+ vs Facebook: Tale of the Tape #infographic
- The Power of Facebook Advertising #infographic
- Social Media in the Workplace – infographic
- Ways To Get More Shares On Facebook – infographic
- The 9 Types of Facebook User, what type are you? – an infographic
- Facebook Buisiness Apps
- Howto invite your friends to your Pinterest board #manual