Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest – The Social Sharing Trends Of 2012 #infographic
Social media are social software which mediate human communication. When the technologies are in place, social media is ubiquitously accessible, and enabled by scalable[clarification needed] communication techniques. In the year 2012, social media became one of the most powerful sources for news updates through platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Facebook saw a nice 18 percent growth bump, and Mark Zuckerberg’s platform now accounts for a heady 51 percent of all shares. Twitter is 55 percent bigger than it was this time last year, and tallies 15 percent of all sharing. Even email (+17 percent, 9 percent of shares) and good, old-fashioned printing (+32 percent, 8 percent of shares) were up in 2012.
So, I guess the big question is: did anything go down?
Both MySpace (-62 percent) and Delicious (-57 percent) fell in the past twelve months, and Google+ saw a net gain of just 12 percent.
The crowd-pleasing Reddit (+110 percent) and, of course, Pinterest (an incredible +379,559 percent) bagged the biggest gains of the year.
These statistics (and a whole lot more) can be found in this infographic courtesy of those nice folks at AddThis, whose social sharing functionality is now in use on more than 14 million websites.
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Get Your First 1000 Followers on Pinterest
- Best WordPress Plugins for SEO, Social And CRO in 2015
- 3tags as a content creator, you’ll earn fair value for your creativity
- Instagram Visual Content Strategy Statistics an Infographic
- The Power and History of Hashtags an Infographic
- Is your website in need of an upgrade for the new year?
- The Potential Of Social Media For B2B In 2015 an infographic