met 16 reacties 53 views
Social media are social software which mediate human communication. When the technologies are in place, social media is ubiquitously accessible, and enabled by scalable[clarification needed] communication techniques. In the year 2012, social media became one of the most powerful sources for news updates through platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Facebook saw a nice 18 percent growth bump, and Mark Zuckerberg’s platform now accounts for a heady 51 percent of all shares. Twitter is 55 percent bigger than it was this time last year, and tallies 15 percent of all sharing. Even email (+17 percent, 9 percent of shares) and good, old-fashioned printing (+32 percent, 8 percent of shares) were up in 2012.
So, I guess the big question is: did anything go down?
Both MySpace (-62 percent) and Delicious (-57 percent) fell in the past twelve months, and Google+ saw a net gain of just 12 percent.
The crowd-pleasing Reddit (+110 percent) and, of course, Pinterest (an incredible +379,559 percent) bagged the biggest gains of the year.
These statistics (and a whole lot more) can be found in this infographic courtesy of those nice folks at AddThis, whose social sharing functionality is now in use on more than 14 million websites.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- The State of Social Media 2012 – infographic
- The Amazing Social Media Statistics 2012 – infographic
- Making the Most of Your Social Media Strategy #infographic
- Social Media 2013 User Demographics – infographic
- 2012 was a very Good Year for Social Giving infographic
- Social Media Effect on Recruitment #INFOGRAPHIC
- The Growing Impact of Social Media #infographic
- The Marketer’s Guide To Social Media #infographic
- Brands Are STILL Failing To Engage Fans And Customers – infographic
- Social Media in the Workplace – infographic
- The Best Ways To Engage Social Media Users – infographic
- Your Brain on Social Media – infographic
Last updated by:at .