Social Media Blunders Celebrities #infographic
Social media technologies take on many different forms including magazines, Internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogging, wikis, social networks, podcasts, photographs or pictures, video, rating and social bookmarking. Kietzmann et al. present a Social Media Honeycomb that defines how these Social Media differ according to the extent to which they focus on some of all of seven functional building blocks: identity, conversations, sharing, presence, relationships, reputation, and groups.
As the popularity of social media continues to accelerate, it’s no surprise that famous faces and well-known brands are increasingly using these platforms to reach the people responsible for their fame. The power of these social media channels allows actors, comedians, athletes, and companies to interact with their followers, yet the casual comfort of these conversations can sometimes result in social slip-ups.
MDG Advertising developed the following infographic that shows how the improper use of social media has caused some big names to gain unfavorable attention, but has also allowed them to quickly win back their faithful fans.
First of all, celebrities view social media as yet another stage, but one where they can show more of their real personalities instead of playing a character. Their fans and followers usually shower them with adoration and attention, but sometimes their casual comments can spark major drama.
Actor Ashton Kutcher made one such social media slip-up by taking to Twitter to express his outrage over the firing of Penn State Coach Joe Paterno. Unfortunately, Kutcher was unaware of the sordid sexual details behind the termination and his words angered many. Taking advantage of the real-time nature of social media, the actor quickly deleted the tweet and said he was sorry for his rash statement. Following the controversy, Kutcher let his media team control his commentary.
Source: MDG Advertising
- 12 Types Of Social Media Users – infographic
- 5 Companies that are rocking Social Media #infographic
- Buzz Campaign – A case study
- Euro 2012 National Soccer Teams Compete For Championship Victory In Social Media
- Global Mobile Advertising Stats an infographic
- International Social Media super Buzz Promotion services
- The Growing Impact of Social Media #infographic
- Google Panda for SEO
- The Power of Facebook Advertising #infographic
- Measure Social Media Return on Investment (ROI) #infographic
- Google Custom Search Engine for images
- 14 Digital and Social Media Marketing Trends 2014 an infographic