Printing, Computers, Social Media And The History Of Sales Technology
(1440-2013) – INFOGRAPHIC
Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, exchange and comment contents among themselves in virtual communities and networks. Furthermore, social media employ mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms via which individuals and communities share, cocreate, discuss, and modify user-generated content. It introduces substantial and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities and individuals.
Did you know that a recent study revealed that 44 percent of U.S. companies have acquired a customer through Twitter?
Sales professionals have been using technology to both open doors and close deals with consumers for a lot longer than you probably think. The invention of the printing press back in 1440 revolutionised the world, and the telephone (1870), computer (1960s), widespread adoption of email and the internet (1990s), Google (1996) and social media (2000s) have each played a massively important role in how brands market their products.
This infographic takes a closer look at the history of sales technology.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- The State of Social Media 2012 – infographic
- How Long Till The Revolution of 3D Printing? – infographic
- Social Media in the Workplace – infographic
- Brands Are STILL Failing To Engage Fans And Customers – infographic
- Social Media Cheat Sheet for the top Nine Social Networks for Business – #infographic
- Social Media and the Growth of E-Commerce – infographic
- The History of Social Media – infographic
- What do you need to know about Hashtags – infographic
- Social Media Effect on Recruitment #INFOGRAPHIC
- The Marketer’s Guide To Social Media #infographic
- Measure Social Media Return on Investment (ROI) #infographic
- The 2nd Generation Of Social is here #infographic