A smartphone is a mobile phone built on a mobile operating system, with more advanced computing capability and connectivity than a feature phone.
Up late studying? Use your phone to find the nearest double espresso and maybe even pay for it. Location-based services make life easy, but what’s the tradeoff? Software on phones across the U.S. is tracking user actions. Smartphone apps share user information with marketers to help their partners create targeted advertising. Still, that hasn’t stopped the advance of location-based services, with smartphone owners most of all.
Location-based apps can be especially useful for college — they help students explore their campus and meet and make friends. LBS apps also build a marketplace where they can sell, buy or barter everything from bikes to tickets to tutoring.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Selphee App is Snapchat Instagram and Vine combined
- The New Selphee App is Snapchat, Instagram and Vine Combined!
- Who Owns your Social Media, an Infographic
- Double your Pinterest followers, an infographic
- Google is buying an augmented reality startup Quest Visual
- Universal Analytics is the re-imagining of Google Analytics
- How Much Data is Created Every Minute an infographic