A smartphone is a mobile phone built on a mobile operating system, with more advanced computing capability and connectivity than a feature phone.
Up late studying? Use your phone to find the nearest double espresso and maybe even pay for it. Location-based services make life easy, but what’s the tradeoff? Software on phones across the U.S. is tracking user actions. Smartphone apps share user information with marketers to help their partners create targeted advertising. Still, that hasn’t stopped the advance of location-based services, with smartphone owners most of all.
Location-based apps can be especially useful for college — they help students explore their campus and meet and make friends. LBS apps also build a marketplace where they can sell, buy or barter everything from bikes to tickets to tutoring.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Why use WordPress responsive Themes, an infographic
- Future Smartphone (iPhone Android) Expectations #infographics
- Mobile Money with Facebook Mobile Advertising #infographic
- Social Media Cheat Sheet for the top Nine Social Networks for Business – #infographic
- Is Your Website Optimized for Mobile Visitors? – infographic
- How to make the most out of your online presence with #TrustCloud
- Global Mobile Advertising Stats an infographic
- The Rise Of Mobile Job Search – infographic
- 10 WOW Social Media Stats #infographic
- How To Grow (and Use) Your Twitter Audience Following #infographic
- The Power of Facebook Advertising #infographic
- How to Train Employees to Manage Social Media