Shaping your brand’s image on Pinterest – an infographic
14 Ways to Get More Pins on Pinterest
If your brand isn’t on Pinterest, you could be missing out on a growing stream of potential customers.
First you need to understand who uses Pinterest and what their motivations are. Pinterest users are an active group of people who want to tell the rest of the world about all the things they identify with, want, and recommend. Also be aware that someone on Pinterest, will also be a member of Facebook or Twitter (or possibly both), since you need an account on one of those networks to login to Pinterest.
At the moment the vast majority of Pinterest’s user base is comprised of women. Around 90% of users are women; however the number of men using the service is also rapidly increasing. The users will become more diverse as various companies and organizations start using the service.
While shaping your brand’s image on Pinterest, remember to take into account the specifics of the site’s userbase. A recent study showed that home, arts and crafts, style/fashion and food are the most popular categories on Pinterest. The food category is the fastest growing segment of Pinterest.
Even if your brand doesn’t directly specialize in these topics, there may be a way to include them in your brand’s boards to gain maximum exposure. It’s also important to remember that while Pinterest’s audience is heavily female, the demographics of the site are changing.
Take a look at this infographic from web optimization company Maxymiser, and then let us know in the comments if you’re altering your plans to take advantage of the explosive growth of Pinterest.
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- How Users Interact with Pins on Pinterest – infographic
- A marketer’s guide to Pinterest [infographics]
- The Who, What, Where & When of Pinterest
- Pinterest social photo sharing hits 10 millon users
- Why Is Pinterest So Addictive? an Infographic
- Just Pin It, the Pinterest Lifestyle, very pinteresting #infographic
- Why Your Marketing Needs to Be More Attractive to Women an infographic
- Pinteresting, Pinterest for Business Launched
- Top Pinteresting Pinterest and Pin Tools
- Howto invite your friends to your Pinterest board #manual
- Did you verify your Website on Pinterest ?
- The Amazing Social Media Statistics 2012 – infographic