WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a dynamic content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 14.7% of Alexa Internet’s “top 1 million” websites and as of August 2011 manages 22% of all new websites.
WordPress is currently the most popular CMS in use on the Internet. It was first released on May 27, 2003, by Matt Mullenweg as a fork of b2/cafelog. As of December 2011, version 3.0 had been downloaded over 65 million times
There is no doubt that we love WordPress on this site, and it is obvious a lot of you do too based on the popularity of last week’s posts and contests. We were curious just how popular WordPress was so we put together gathered the information and put together this infographic to show it. Please enjoy it and feel free to share with others.
The Power of WordPress Weblog CMS [Infographic]
- WordPress Usage Top Websites
- WordPress has Monopoly in CMS and Weblog #infographic
- WordPress is the Emerging Monopoly in CMS #infographic
- WordPress Security #infographic
- Must have WordPress plugins
- 15 WordPress Errors that make you look silly – infographic
- 100K Websites Active On WordPress #infographic
- The Jazzy Rise of WordPress Weblog and CMS #infographic
- WordPress 3.4 Beta 2
- WordPress Stats WordPress Dominates #infographic
- Safety and Security of a WordPress Blog an Infographic
- Most Popular WordPress Premium Themes, an infographic