WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a dynamic content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 14.7% of Alexa Internet’s “top 1 million” websites and as of August 2011 manages 22% of all new websites.
WordPress is currently the most popular CMS in use on the Internet. It was first released on May 27, 2003, by Matt Mullenweg as a fork of b2/cafelog. As of December 2011, version 3.0 had been downloaded over 65 million times
There is no doubt that we love WordPress on this site, and it is obvious a lot of you do too based on the popularity of last week’s posts and contests. We were curious just how popular WordPress was so we put together gathered the information and put together this infographic to show it. Please enjoy it and feel free to share with others.
The Power of WordPress Weblog CMS [Infographic]
- Most Popular WordPress Premium Themes, an infographic
- WordPress Most Popular Security Plugins, an infographic
- WordPress CMS in Numbers 2013 an infographic
- WordPress: a Decade in the Making, an infographic
- Top 10 Brands on Social Media in 2013 an Infographic
- The History and Evolution of Social Media an Infographic
- 21 Rules For Effective Social Media Marketing Strategies, an infographic