The Marketer’s Guide To Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
Social media includes web-based and mobile technologies used to turn communication into interactive dialogue between organizations, communities, and individuals. Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as “a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content.”
Social media is ubiquitously accessible, and enabled by scalable communication techniques. For the third consecutive year, CMO.com have released their CMO’s (Chief Marketing Officer’s) Guide To The Social Landscape. Five new members have made the roster this year, including Pinterest and Google+.
The infographic is presented below in full. However, if youvisit the CMO website the visual can be sorted by customer communication, brand exposure, site traffic and SEO. Somewhat surprisingly, CMO rated Google+ as the top social network in three of these categories, with Twitter securing the number one spot in site traffic. Still, this is a useful one-stop summary of the pros and cons of the different social networks, and a fantastic resource for both brands and marketers.
The Marketer’s Guide To Social Media
- A marketer’s guide to Pinterest [infographics]
- Shaping your brand’s image on Pinterest and Get More Pins – an infographic
- The Growing Impact of Social Media #infographic
- The Social Sharing Trends Of 2012 #infographic
- How Users Interact with Pins on Pinterest – infographic
- Buzz is changing the way marketing is communicating
- The Who, What, Where & When of Pinterest
- Making the Most of Your Social Media Strategy #infographic
- Pinterest social photo sharing hits 10 millon users
- Did you verify your Website on Pinterest ?
- Social Media Effect on Recruitment #INFOGRAPHIC
- The State of Social Media 2012 – infographic