There are no international standards governing data sovereignty or residency, just a tangled web of regional and national laws and international alliances. Cloud application providers may hand the information over more easily than your organization would.
And on top of that, you’ve got to wonder whether letting a cloud application provider store your data offshore introduces new security concerns. Chertoff argues that it will, stating that offshore data storage significantly increases the risk of intrusion and insider threats. A lot to think about, indeed.
The problems aren’t insurmountable, though. In fact, taking just a few steps can greatly reduce or even eliminate your data sovereignty concerns.
The Gartner Research note, ”Five Cloud Data Residency Issues That Must Not be Ignored” report recommends enterprises take steps to assure the privacy of sensitive information, achieve regulatory compliance and understand the implications of data disclosure laws.
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- The History and Evolution of Social Media an Infographic
- Top 10 Brands on Social Media in 2013 an Infographic
- How to Generate Leads an Infographic
- Privacy and Security on Facebook an infographic
- Why Your Marketing Needs to Be More Attractive to Women an infographic
- WordPress Most Popular Security Plugins, an infographic
- The Evolution and top 10 game changers of Social Media an infographic