Social media are social software which mediate human communication. When the technologies are in place, social media is ubiquitously accessible, and enabled by scalable[clarification needed] communication techniques. In the year 2012, social media became one of the most powerful sources for news updates through platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Morrison & Foerster’s popular Socially Aware Blog is out this week with a thought-provoking infographic that delves into Americans’ increasing obsession with social media, along with their increasingly fractured attention spans.
Email, face-to-face socialising and even taking care of household members have all suffered under the wake of platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Even television has seen a sizeable chunk of its audience move online, and many folks who still prefer to sit in front of the box now do so whilst engaging with like-minded viewers on their smartphone or tablets.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Social Media Effect on Recruitment #INFOGRAPHIC
- The State of Social Media 2012 – infographic
- Making the Most of Your Social Media Strategy #infographic
- The Social Sharing Trends Of 2012 #infographic
- How To Grow (and Use) Your Twitter Audience Following #infographic
- Twitter 7th anniversary – infographic
- Social Media Marketing Takes Off in 2013 #infographic
- Interesting Statistics of Top 5 Social Media Sites – an infographic
- Social Media Marketing Trends in 2013 infographic
- Measure Social Media Return on Investment (ROI) #infographic
- 10 WOW Social Media Stats #infographic
- Facebook Marketing Impact of Social Media