Social media are social software which mediate human communication. When the technologies are in place, social media is ubiquitously accessible, and enabled by scalable[clarification needed] communication techniques. In the year 2012, social media became one of the most powerful sources for news updates through platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Morrison & Foerster’s popular Socially Aware Blog is out this week with a thought-provoking infographic that delves into Americans’ increasing obsession with social media, along with their increasingly fractured attention spans.
Email, face-to-face socialising and even taking care of household members have all suffered under the wake of platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Even television has seen a sizeable chunk of its audience move online, and many folks who still prefer to sit in front of the box now do so whilst engaging with like-minded viewers on their smartphone or tablets.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Social Media in a Nutshell an infographic
- Which Social Media Platforms are the best for your Business?
- Words That Get Content Shared on Social Media
- Rock Social Media Strategy in 30 Minutes, an Infographic
- LinkedIn Content Marketing Score Industry and Audience Trends 2014 an infographic
- 10 years of Socialmedia biggest players an Infographic
- The State of Google Plus an infographic