The service was launched on June 28, 2011, in an invitation-only “field testing” phase. Early invites were soon suspended due to an “insane demand” for new accounts. On September 20, 2011, Google+ was opened to everyone 18 years of age or older without the need for an invitation.
It was opened for a younger age group (13+ years old in US and most countries, 14+ in South Korea and Spain, 16+ in Netherlands) on January 26, 2012.
Google+ is more than half a year old. Check how fast it grows, who are its users and who they like the most.
- Google Plus for Business
- 100 Amazing Social Media Statistics, Facts And Figures 2012 – infographic
- Social Media is all about Revolution – infographic
- Become a VIP on XeeMe!
- Facebook for Android is Like The IPhone App
- 100,000,000 monthly active users on Google+
- How The Internet and Social Media has changed the World – infographic
- Cheat Sheet of the Anatomy of a WordPress Theme #infographic
- Digital Agenda Social Media Assembly 2012 of the EU Commission
- Facebook to Wall Street in 2012
- Google+ Reaches 50 Million users
- Lets all help Michael Q Todd!