The service was launched on June 28, 2011, in an invitation-only “field testing” phase. Early invites were soon suspended due to an “insane demand” for new accounts. On September 20, 2011, Google+ was opened to everyone 18 years of age or older without the need for an invitation.
It was opened for a younger age group (13+ years old in US and most countries, 14+ in South Korea and Spain, 16+ in Netherlands) on January 26, 2012.
Google+ is more than half a year old. Check how fast it grows, who are its users and who they like the most.
- Social Networks You Should Care About in 2014?
- Social Media in a Nutshell an infographic
- How Much Data is Created Every Minute an infographic
- 10 years of Socialmedia biggest players an Infographic
- 10 Years of Facebook, the history of a Social Giant an infographic
- Google Plus is here to stay
- The State of Google Plus an infographic