The service was launched on June 28, 2011, in an invitation-only “field testing” phase. Early invites were soon suspended due to an “insane demand” for new accounts. On September 20, 2011, Google+ was opened to everyone 18 years of age or older without the need for an invitation.
It was opened for a younger age group (13+ years old in US and most countries, 14+ in South Korea and Spain, 16+ in Netherlands) on January 26, 2012.
Google+ is more than half a year old. Check how fast it grows, who are its users and who they like the most.
- Top 10 Brands on Social Media in 2013 an Infographic
- Privacy and Security on Facebook an infographic
- The Social Media Stats of 2013 an infographic
- The Growth and Obsession of Social Media Management an infographic
- 10 Years of Facebook, the history of a Social Giant an infographic
- 50 Things we don’t do anymore Due to Technology an Infographic
- Giving Thanks to the Buzz Community