Get ready for more sharing in 2013!
After an exciting year of triumphs and crises for the sharing economy, its adovocates and entrepreneurs, it can be predicted that 2013 is going to be an important year for peer-to-peer marketplaces(p2p) to start becoming more mainstream.
Let’s take a short look at some of the important events that happened in the sharing economy and online trust space in 2012:
In January, Airbnb reached first 5 million night booked and was able to double this number by June, making it the poster child of successful collaborative consumption platforms. Carpooling.com announced its expansion to the US after receiving $ 10 million in funding by Daimler; on-demand ridesharing services experienced a crisisafter being asked to cease and desist by California regulators while the major of San Francisco is working to promote these new business models in his newly createdSharing Economy Working Group.
Notable events in the sphere of online trust and identity were collaborative consumption advocate Rachel Botsman’s talk at TED Global about trust as a new currency for the sharing economy, the founding of the Collaborative Economy Coalition last summer (of which TrustCloud is a founding member), as well as theRespect Network, a network for the trusted exchange of personal data.
Despite the regulatory and insurance issues many p2p marketplaces face, one can be confident that government and entrepreneurs will succeed in finding solutions to these challenges in the months to come. Neal Gorenflo, co-founder of Shareable Magazine, formulated a very inspiring vision for the potential of the sharing economy:
I don’t think there’s anything else that can radically reduce poverty and resource consumption at the same time, something humans must do to stabilize our global climate and society. The sharing economy is not only a real solution, it’s also an inspiring true story. People experience it as empowering. It puts people in a new, constructive relation to one another.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- Why Trust is Essential for the Sharing Economy #TrustCloud
- TrustCloud user base has grown by 700%
- TrustCloud is valuable across multiple sharing verticals #TrustCloud
- Building a trust system for the Sharing Economy #TrustCloud
- Interview with @xinchung CEO #TrustCloud, claim your trustworthy data today and use it anywhere
- Why you should claim your Trust #TrustCloud
- How does @TrustCloud measure trustworthiness?
- TrustCloud and Society3 Join forces
- The big challenge for P2P marketplaces: regulation
- Howto improve your TrustScore and Measure Trust #TrustCloud
- THE Online Social Media Measurement Tools 2013
- Trustcloud announces new Share Economy features