How to Get More Clicks on Twitter [infographic]
Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters, known as “tweets”. It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched that July.
The service rapidly gained worldwide popularity, with over 300 million users as of 2011, generating over 300 million tweets and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day. It has been described as “the SMS of the Internet.
I’ve often said that the best use of Twitter is as a broadcast medium. You should be creating a ton of interesting content and sharing it with your followers. To that end I’ve done a bunch of research on how to optimize the clickthrough rate (CTR) of the links you’re tweeting.
For the purposes of this data, I’ve calculated CTR as the number of clicks on a tweeted link divided by the number of followers the account had when it tweeted that link.
- Is TSU becoming the new Twitter?
- Social Media Cheat Sheet on Word Science – infographic
- Most popular WordPress SEO and Social Media Plugins
- Attracting more people to what matters to you most
- Social Media Image Size Cheat Sheet 2015
- Get Maximum WordPress Speed an infographic
- 3tags as a content creator, you’ll earn fair value for your creativity