Facebook Marketing Impact of Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
Social media is no longer a stop-and-go investment, but rather a long term strategic channel that, when integrated with other marketing efforts, allows brands to connect with users over time.
Results of a recent survey we conducted find social media efforts valuable in their ability to grow brand awareness and increase dialogue with customers. In addition to spending more time thinking about how to engage audiences, marketers will soon begin to measure social media’s impact on the business through a more traditional ROI definition: attributable sales and costs.
Facebook is still the dominant social network in terms of marketing, but Twitter is narrowing the gap, according to a return-on-investment survey of more than 700 marketers conducted recently by social media management platform Wildfire Interactive.
Other options paled in comparison:
- Blogs, 41 percent;
- LinkedIn, 32 percent;
- YouTube, 30 percent; and
- Other, six percent.
In addition, Wildfire reported that almost 70 percent of marketers surveyed believe Facebook fans are of more value to them than non-fans, and the top three reasons they cited were:
- New customer recruitment, 44 percent;
- Higher conversion rates, 18 percent; and
- More frequent purchases, 18 percent.
Readers: Do you think Twitter will ever completely close the gap with Facebook as the social media marketing platform of choice?
- The Best Ways To Engage Social Media Users – infographic
- US consumer use of social media to make purchasing decisions – infographic
- TrustCloud is valuable across multiple sharing verticals #TrustCloud
- 14 Digital and Social Media Marketing Trends 2014 an infographic
- The Social Sharing Trends Of 2012 #infographic
- Brands Are STILL Failing To Engage Fans And Customers – infographic
- Small Business and Social Media 7 tips for social success an infographic
- Social Media Marketing Trends in 2013 infographic
- Social Media Marketing Takes Off in 2013 #infographic
- Why Your Business Needs A Social Media Presence – Two infographics
- 2012 was a very Good Year for Social Giving infographic
- Making the Most of Your Social Media Strategy #infographic