Top 10 Brands on Social Media in 2013 an Infographic
Brands Social Media
Although Samsung wasn’t the most popular brand on any particular social network, it earned 16 million new followers across multiple platforms in the past 12 months, enough to get data aggregator Starcount’s top spot.
Walt Disney came in second place, largely due to a one-million-follower increase on Sina Weibo, a Chinese microblogging site. National Geographic grabbed the bronze after its top-rated YouTube channel got 160 million views this past year.
No matter the industry you’re in, the marketing landscape is always evolving. Five years ago, Facebook hadn’t yet hit 100 million users – a far cry from the 1.19 billion the company boasts today. Twitter was still seen as a place to share what you had for breakfast that morning – but since then it has become a powerful social tool that can mobilize the masses to share important (and not so important) news and information. And iPads only came onto the scene in 2010.
Given the major changes in technology that leads to a shift in how people consume content, be it information, entertainment or commercial – it’s no surprise that brands have to change their approach to marketing in order to reach their ideal audience.
Check out the other companies that made the list for this year’s top 10 brands on social media, below.
- Social Media Marketing Mistakes, an infographic via @BerriePelser
- The 4 Rated Social Media Management Tools of 2015
- Get Your First 1000 Followers on Pinterest
- Instagram Social Media Business Use, How To Infographic
- Social Media Keybord Shortcuts Guide Cheat Sheet 2015
- Apple vs Android performance race, who is beter?
- 25 Awesome Social Media Tools You Should Be Using