Brands Social Media
Although Samsung wasn’t the most popular brand on any particular social network, it earned 16 million new followers across multiple platforms in the past 12 months, enough to get data aggregator Starcount’s top spot.
Walt Disney came in second place, largely due to a one-million-follower increase on Sina Weibo, a Chinese microblogging site. National Geographic grabbed the bronze after its top-rated YouTube channel got 160 million views this past year.
No matter the industry you’re in, the marketing landscape is always evolving. Five years ago, Facebook hadn’t yet hit 100 million users – a far cry from the 1.19 billion the company boasts today. Twitter was still seen as a place to share what you had for breakfast that morning – but since then it has become a powerful social tool that can mobilize the masses to share important (and not so important) news and information. And iPads only came onto the scene in 2010.
Given the major changes in technology that leads to a shift in how people consume content, be it information, entertainment or commercial – it’s no surprise that brands have to change their approach to marketing in order to reach their ideal audience.
Check out the other companies that made the list for this year’s top 10 brands on social media, below.
- 16 best viewed social media seo wordpress marketing posts infographics
- The State of Google Plus an infographic
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Triberr an infographic
- Social Networks You Should Care About in 2014?
- How Much Data is Created Every Minute an infographic
- Double Your Pinterest Followers and get more Repins, two Infographics
- WordPress 3.8.2 Security Release now available