The infographic opens with a look at online giving and reveals the channels that charities leverage most. It shows that Facebook is favored by 98 percent of nonprofits, followed by Twitter trusted by 74 percent, YouTube utilized by 66 percent, and LinkedIn used by nearly half of charities. Interestingly, individual donations are the most requested and received by these foundations on Facebook.
After showing the sites for social giving, the infographic features details on donors. Today it’s trendy to donate online and more and more young people are willing to give. As a result, networks make it easy to contribute with a click, such as Facebook’s addition of donations as an option in Facebook Gifts. This popularity is proven by the rising amount of the average social giving donation each year.
Friendly persuasion also comes into play, with a friend’s mention of their donation leading 68 percent of their contacts to learn more about the foundation and 39 percent to give to that charity. Even just promoting fundraising events on social networks can raise funds, with Twitter mentions yielding up to 10 times more money.
Berrie Pelser, Ber|Art Visual Design:
Ber|Art Visual Design V.O.F. delivers high-end secure (PCI-Compliant) WordPress, Typo3 and Magento Linux Cloud VPS Hosting with professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus Social Media (Social Network) integration, branding and strategy.
- The Social Sharing Trends Of 2012 #infographic
- The Best Ways To Engage Social Media Users – infographic
- A Day In The Life Of The Internet – infographic
- Social Media 2013 User Demographics – infographic
- Brands Are STILL Failing To Engage Fans And Customers – infographic
- Facebook Marketing Impact of Social Media
- US consumer use of social media to make purchasing decisions – infographic
- 14 Digital and Social Media Marketing Trends 2014 an infographic
- Social recruiting, how to use social media to land a job #infographic
- The Google Panda Update One Year Later
- Making the Most of Your Social Media Strategy #infographic
- The Amazing Social Media Statistics 2012 – infographic